TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Boost Controller issues and power steering pump belt
People Seeking Info

Subject Boost Controller issues and power steering pump belt

Posted by twan on September 05, 2015 at 10:56 PM
  This message has been viewed 283 times.

Message So i have a two part question.

1st is that i had recently bought a new version ProFec greedy electronic boost controller and installed it the other day. When I installed the unit i followed the instructions perfect. The only thing is that i didn't put my vacuum hoses 100% exact size. I think i have a 12" difference from one side to the other. I was trying to tune it for my hi boost setting and my goal is about 19psi now when i hit the throttle it boosted lower than expected which is normal so i adjusted it to get to 19psi once i get it there it drops down to 12 psi so i then adjust the gain and slowly work my way up and it still plummets down to a lower number than i anticipated i don't know if there is something that i am doing wrong considering i am almost at 85 percent gain and it still drops to 14.5 i have tried to set starting boost at 18 or 19 and get no difference in response my if its at 19 on gauge it is at almost 40% on the set and 85% on the gain but no matter what it drops instantly

if it matters i have JWT SPORT 500 turbos and Ashpec piping with intercoolers and intake setup and tune on 740cc injectors with a 3" exhaust from downpipes out please give me some advise i definitely need a little help on this one i was messing with a vw gti and as soon as i hit the gas i pulled and then bye-bye to psi i shouldn't have to lose to a slower car lol

now to the power steering when i originally swapped my engine for a jdm spec i had changed the pulleys to all aluminum and got new belts ever since the swap and pulleys my belt will squeak on cold start up if its humid or not and if the rpm drops below 1000 from a bad idle air controller (ordered and waiting for it to arrive) the belt has been speaking for about 4 years now and a master mechanic from Nissan whom does all of my work with me tightened it as much as possible and said if its gets any tighter it will snap what is your take on this is it worth me getting new pulleys considering none of the others make any noise at all

thanks for reading any help is much appreciated

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.